I love making this cake, this is my go-to party cake as I can put lots of healthy stuff in it and yet it is still a dessert and tastes yummy!!!
What you need:
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk, with 1 tbsp white vinegar, let sit for 5minutes
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups carrots, finely shredded
- ½ cup pureed carrots (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans. Set aside
- In a large bowl cream together oil, honey, agave, and eggs. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk&vinegar mix.
- Mix just until fully combined. (careful not to over mix)
- Fold in shredded & pureed carrots, dates, coconut and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in 170 degrees oven, until center is set. Put in freezer to cool down for 30minutes before taking out of pan.
Frost with cream cheese frosting, or serve as is for little mouths (as these cakes are flavoursome enough).