Here is a dessert your kids will love and one that is all natural. But they are not just for kids, be sure to make a big batch, as they keep well in the fridge. Good for snacks, lunch box, bring to a party and they’re really easy and quick to make. NOTE: please make sure your food processor is powerful enough to process dates, my 600kw processor does the job really well.
I give my 2 year old dates to naturally boost his energy levels when he hits a late afternoon slump. Dates have amazing qualities, though it is high in natural sugar. So, be balanced people!!
What you need (for 8 balls, sized 5cm diameter each):
- 12 dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, another 1/2cup to roll balls in
- 1/4 cup liquified coconut oil
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- mandarins (for a hint of orange, amount depends on how strong you want the orange flavour to be) – optional
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, blitz until all ingredients are blended.
- Form small balls and roll the ball in a plate of shredded coconut
- Place on a plate and put in fridge to set for at least 1hour
- To store, keep in fridge.