This recipe can be done with or without baking.. If you don’t want to bake your bars, simply skip the egg and use more butter and honey. If you don’t mind baking, then incorporate the egg. Really good way to sneak in some nuts and seeds to your little ones!
What you need:
- 125gr butter
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/3cup peanut butter
- 1 egg (for no bake, don’t use egg instead use 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup peanut butter)
- 1cup rice puffs
- 1/3cup rolled oats
- 1/2cup chopped nuts (almond, cashews, walnut, etc)
- 1/3cup seeds
- 1/2cup dried fruits
- Place butter, honey, peanut butter in a pot and boil until all liquifies. Set aside to let cool.
- Place rice puffs, rolled oats, nuts, seeds and dried fruits in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- If using egg, add the egg in and mix some more then add the butter mix and mix through. Pour mix in baking tray lined with wax paper, and place in 190degree celsius oven for 20minutes. Take out of oven and leave on bench to cool for 30minutes before placing into fridge to completely set.
- If not using any eggs, add the butter mix straight into the bowl of nuts/seeds then pout mixture into lined baking tray and place in fridge for 2hours.
- Once cooled, bring out of the fridge, pull granola out and peel off the wax paper and cut granola to desired sizes.